Family Assistance Program
*At this time we are not processing grants. Any grant applications that are submitted will be processed in the next 2-3 months*
We understand that cystic fibrosis means a LOT of time at the doctor. With clinic visits 4 times a year, sometimes more, it can take quite the toll on your family. And we understand that it is crucial that you as a parent be alert and focused so that you can communicate with your child’s medical team. As a mother of three children, VLF President Christy Rimrodt quickly learned that taking all three children to clinic visits for 2-4 hours at a time was highly stressful and unproductive. It was also hard for both parents to make it to clinic visits, which made for even harder communication at home between both caregivers.
VLF’s Family Assistance Program was designed to help families find care for their other children, allowing for parents to attend clinic visits with their CF child. It also allows for both parents to attend doctor visits. Here is an outline on what this program involves:
- Families with verified CF status may apply for assistance a maximum of 6 times per year.
- Assistance is provided to cover any of the following:
- Childcare for sibling during clinic visits
- Loss of income for parents to attend clinic visits
- Loss of income for hospitalization for parents or CF patients
- Living expenses because of hospitalization or sickness (rent, utilities, etc.)
- Additional medical expenses after insurance
- Expenses related to Covid-19 exposure or diagnosis
- Gas for to and from clinic visits
- The Vivian Lee Foundation will determine amount of assistance per family and per application.
In order to be qualified for this program, all applicants must submit an application online. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your application to be processed. Confirmation of cystic fibrosis diagnosis must be maintained by Vivian Lee Foundation prior to providing assistance money. A check will be mailed to you after confirmation has been determined by Vivian Lee Foundation.